October 31, 2010
Just found this video where actor/singer/song writer, Will Smith, shares his secrets of business success. The only thing I would add that Will left out is to ask for guidance from the Almighty. Otherwise, it’s excellent advice.
October 23, 2008
I just found out some very cool news…
Search Engine Journal ,in conjunction with Search & Social and TrafficBlend, announced the launch of IMBroadcast.com, a site dedicated to multimedia for Internet Marketers.
If you are looking for free videos on Internet marketing, blogging, affiliate marketing, search engine marketing, and other topics that will help you make money online then go check out IMBroadcast.com.
It also looks like a great place for us Internet marketers to post our own videos to help promote our products and services for free. Essentially it’s a YouTube for Internet marketers.
I am going sign up for my free account now…
October 10, 2008
I have had a few problems this week with my site so I decided to wait until next week to get back to a regular posting schedule. I wanted to go ahead and end the week by letting you know about two very cool news items…
The first one I heard on Twitter from my friend Garry Conn and Internet marketing guru Joel Comm (almost at the same time). According to CNET Google is adding support for Adsense in video games. That is very cool news for game developers. While there are already ways of monetizing games with in-game advertising, Google Adsense entering this market is really good news for game developers.
Secondly, I heard from Michel Fortin that YouTube will soon be introducing the ability to add “Buy Now” links to videos. Video has become an excellent way to market products and services and YouTube is about to make it even better. This is great news for video marketing.
Next week you can expect my second to last post in my Getting Started series. Have a great weekend!
July 20, 2008
My first thought about YouTube is that I visit it far too much.
It’s easy to get addicted. You can surf for hours through the home videos other people have made. Some of them are so good at it they even have subscribers. I can enjoy my favorites, leave comments, and otherwise spend far too much time there when I should be doing something else. So do a lot of other people, and this is where your web site comes into the picture.
You can make videos of your own and put them on YouTube. If they become popular, you can use them to drive traffic to your site. Now, while I’m not going to go into a dissertation on this, the basics are pretty simple.
- Make a video. You’re promoting your own commercial interests when you drive traffic to your site with this video, so it should be original. Using other people’s clips, music, or artwork for commercial purposes without their permission is a giant no-no and can get you into trouble.
- Put your site’s URL at the end of the video, then allow people to post or embed it on their own sites. You’ll get traffic from YouTube, but you could get more if someone uses it on their site if the link is in the video.
- Plus, to drive traffic straight from YouTube, put your link in the comment section that comes with every video there.
- This can result in a traffic spike, and if you have some means of traffic capture like RSS, opt-ins, sales, or subscription sign-ups, you can put that traffic to use.
Internet marketing is starting to trend towards video, so if you can make them, you can most use them. It’s worked for other people, for better and worse (i.e. “LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!”), so if you do make your own video, don’t wear raccoon mascara and have a nervous breakdown.
On the other hand, if raccoon mascara has worked for you in the past, feel free to comment. I’d really be interested in hearing about it.
March 26, 2008
My friend, Ryan Shamus, just wrote a great post about using video to get viral traffic to your website or blog. Ryan goes into a lot of detail about the various ways you can use video to make more money. Ryan covers things like:
- How to use YouTube to bring traffic to your website
- How to create and edit your own viral videos
- Ways to make a video viral
- Video software tools to use
- and much more.
March 26, 2007
My brother sent this this YouTube video to me over the weekend. It has nothing to do with making money online, but I thought this was so funny that I wanted to share it with you. It’s titled “Medieval helpdesk”.