Poll Results – How Long Have You Been Trying To Make Money Online

Written by George Manty  · November 14, 2008

I put up a new poll earlier this week, so I wanted to show you the final results of my last poll. Here are the results, followed by my quick thoughts:

How long have you been trying to make money online?

0-3 months (27%)
3-6 months (14%)
6-12 months (13%)
1-2 years (13%)
over 2 years (33%)
Total Votes: 175

I found it very interesting that 1/3 of the people reading my blog have been trying to make money online for over 2 years. I would have expected that number to be lower. It wasn’t too surprising at all that over half (54%) of you have been trying to make money online for less than a year. However, I did expect that number to be slightly higher.

The results of this poll show to me that the audience of this blog is split pretty evenly between beginners, intermediate and advanced level Internet marketers.

What do you think of these results?

Comments

18 Responses to “Poll Results – How Long Have You Been Trying To Make Money Online”

1. Coolbiz on November 14th, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi I AGREE WITH THE POLL, AS I TOO WAS SEARCHING FOR EXACTLY TWO MONTHS. I JUST STARTD WITH MY NEW OPPORTUNITY AND IN a few weeks WEEK I AM ALREADY WAY AHEAD OF MLM OPPORTUNITIES. ONCE YOU FIND A LEGITIMATE AND DOABLE ACTIVITY THEN THE INTERNET BECOMES FUN.

THIS PROGRAMME WORKS: IT IS TRUE TIME FREEDOM

2. Wilson Pon on November 15th, 2008 3:24 am

I have involved in the online earning more than 3 years and I have learned a valuable lesson here that “money didn’t grow on tree or falling from sky, you still need to work hard and smart even you’re earning your income online!”

3. Dare on November 15th, 2008 12:42 pm

I was surprised too.

4. Secret Cash Plan on November 15th, 2008 10:21 pm

I would say a majority of bloggers/internet entrepreneurs started there online/money venture 3-5 years ago. Many online entrepreneurs nowadays. Pretty incredible.

5. Isabelle Newton on November 18th, 2008 8:11 am

I think that a lot of people who are looking for their first way to make money online scour the internet for sites such as this one when trying to decide which way to take their business. As their knowledge grows and they learn about their niche/market they tend not to need as much support from advice sites so I would be very proud that 33% have been in the business for over 2 years. They’re either really bad at making money online or the advice you give is current and relevant. Keep up the good work. šŸ™‚

6. George Manty on November 18th, 2008 8:16 am

Isabelle,

Thanks for the kind words.

7. Home Basaed Business on December 9th, 2008 12:05 am

I sure hope that those who have been “trying” to make money for over two years are actually “making money” now and still not trying!

The sad thing is that most of the 27% in the 0-3 month bracket will quit before their 4th month. The ones that press forward are the ones that succeed. Most people quit too soon!

Great poll. Thanks!

8. Home Based Business on December 9th, 2008 12:06 am

Typo in the required name. Once again, thanks!

9. clickktdotcom on January 2nd, 2009 10:26 pm

I was begin make money online 1 year ago. And now i had blog http://clickkt.com about make money online.
    Great Poll

10. Evaluator from How to make money online on January 21st, 2009 10:41 am

Its interesting that many who try to make money online begin it most likely to “help” others make money online šŸ˜€ In my researchs that sector (unless you are scam artist) is less profitable than almost any other online business.

11. George Manty on January 21st, 2009 11:20 pm

Interesting observation… I will have to tell you why I think that is one of these days…

12. Home Based Business on March 5th, 2009 3:56 pm

I love these kinds of polls. It is cool to see the success of those who are making money and making a lot of it! If you are in the first bracket, the only difference between you and the ones in the higher brackets is time!

13. LifePath Unlimited on March 26th, 2009 12:58 am

I think the poll is great. One thing I’d decipher is how much money people are thinking is actual money? Making $15 won’t let anyone quit their day job… With the actual numbers, answers won’t be left to interpretation. Thanks for sharing the poll results!

14. Trump Network on August 24th, 2009 10:29 pm

This poll is absolutely correct. I’ve been in the home based industry for over 4 yrs and have finally started making the kind of replacement (and beyond) income that I deserve. Why do I share this? Because the poll says that most people have been trying to make money for over 2 yrs. and the 2nd largest percentage were the ones who quit or just began (0-3 months). This means that most people are like me and believe that they can and will make money online and stick with it. The learning curve is steep, but it is definitely worth it! Thanks for sharing the results,
    MD

15. Online Income With Evan Gould on September 9th, 2009 11:44 pm

My take is most people give up after 12 months. The 33% that don’t are making money.

16. Online Poll on September 20th, 2010 7:17 am

I think people who try to make money online for over 2 years must search and browse this kind of blogs less than newbies who work 0-3 months. However, I’m in the third category working online nearly a year, but I don’t miss to check useful e-business blogs such as this.
    Keep up the good work George. Thank you

17. Trump Network on February 23rd, 2011 12:29 am

I love these kind of polls. I’ve been in NWM for 10 years, but it took me 9 years before I started making serious money. Maybe I’m a slow learner.

18. Vemma on May 1st, 2011 10:41 am

I always believe there’s no shortcut to success in any kind of business, including online home based business. To succeed, it require time and effort.

I don’t believe in using any software tools that can auto pilot your business too.

You can succeed, if you stay focus and consistently learn and promote your business. Take care of your people, your customers. Thanks