Ethical Online Marketing And Internet Marketing Sins

Written by George Manty  · August 1, 2008

I planned on writing about a completely different topic today, but I felt like this news was too important…

Michel Fortin’s wife, Sylvie, just released the first chapter of a free ebook called “Internet marketing sins”.

She talks about many of the questionable tactics being used by Internet marketing gurus and she doesn’t hold anything back. I know that the unethical tactics Sylvie talks about aren’t used by all Internet marketing gurus. However, there are some marketers who do business this way,and I am quite frankly as sick of it as she is.

I highly recommend you go check it out by clicking here.

Comments

6 Responses to “Ethical Online Marketing And Internet Marketing Sins”

1. China Business Watch on August 2nd, 2008 7:03 am

I respect you for pointing this out. I know for some affliiate marketers, they shun their answers when they are asked to talk about their opinions about some questionable tactics. Newcomer should try to avoid some common traps and do the right things.
    Thanks again.

2. George Manty on August 2nd, 2008 8:17 pm

You are welcome.

3. What is Spam? on August 6th, 2008 7:55 am

[...] the first chapter of Sylvie Fortin’s ebook, “Internet Marketing Sins”, Sylvie discussed a recent report by Marketing trends about spam. Apparently the definition of spam [...]

4. WebTrafficRoi on August 8th, 2008 8:46 am

It would always think how can people live with a clear conscience if they practice unethical ways of internet marketing online.Many of the offers at clickbank appear like that type and when I see some of those sales letters I just can’t believe my eyes. The thing is nobody ever dares to talk about these things and that part really hurts..

5. Money While You Sleep on August 10th, 2008 7:52 pm

Very interesting… I’ve also written about ethical considerations in marketing. One of the most important points is that making money is not necessarily evil… it just depends how you go about it. You can either try to “take people’s money” or you can rise to success by finding ways to provide benefit. The funny thing is that it’s actually easier at the end of the day to get there by providing value. Look at all the wealthiest marketers and they pretty much without exception understand this.

6. jobs in my area on August 14th, 2008 2:31 pm

There are a ton of affiliate and internet marketers who throw ethics out of the window when they work. It’s getting to be a dog eat dog world online… unfortunately.