Planning The Online Business Of Your Dreams

Written by George Manty  · February 5, 2008

dreams

How To Plan The Online Business Of Your Dreams

In the first post in my getting started series we talked about the importance of planning out the business of your dreams. Before you come up with a business plan you have to know what you want to accomplish with an online business.

In other words the first step to creating the online business of your dreams is to define the online business of your dreams.

You can’t create the online business of your dreams if you don’t know what it looks like!

The best way to define your ideal online business is to ask yourself questions that will help you create a clear vision of your ideal online business.

Here is a small sample of the kinds of questions you should ask yourself:

• Why am I starting a business?
  • Why do I want to make money online?
  • What am I willing to do to make money online?
  • How much money do I want to make per year with my online business?
  • How many hours a day do I want to work?
  • Do I like to deal with customers?
  • What are my strengths and weaknesses?

When you ask AND answer questions like the above question you can get a picture of your ideal online business. With that picture in mind, you are well on your way to creating the online business of your dreams.

PS. Here is a bonus question for those of you who are religious:

What online business can I create that will best serve God?

Comments

10 Responses to “Planning The Online Business Of Your Dreams”

1. Tejvan Pettinger on February 9th, 2008 5:35 am

If you work hard and enjoy what you do, then I think you can make money online, you just need a bit of patience in the beginning.

2. Romantic Gift Ideas on February 9th, 2008 10:07 am

I think you make some good points that a lot of beginners dont think about. I know I didnt when I first started out. And with your bonus question, I believe any online business that is ethical and moral that will allow you to spend more time with your family by freeing you from a “job”, would best serve God. I think that is the reason for a lot of the problems in todays society. Neither parents are around to raise the kids and the only source of raising they get is the public school systems(yikes) and their “friends”, who are just as clueless, for the most part. So, any business that allows you to stay at home, that is ethical and moral, would best serve God. Sorry for ranting.

3. mar on February 9th, 2008 6:49 pm

I really am not fan of doing business online. Alot of hypes on this industry. However, it pays for the hosting fee of my site http://www.blogrash.com/ But its always healthy to have a real job. Jobs which pays for your food, pay your bills and secure your children’s’ future. Net income is relatively proportion to the effort you put in advertising your site. No one is paid more for less they do. Everyone cannot be rich.Face it.. internet marketing is much more complex than you think. You cannot make money just by placing *googs adcents and other revenue generating affiliates without investing your real money before taking your cut.Internet marketing is an art and not just a direct selling approach to the buying public. No one can get reach here. Ask the boss..

4. George Manty on February 9th, 2008 7:27 pm

Tejvan ,

I agree.

5. George Manty on February 9th, 2008 7:28 pm

Romantic Gift Ideas,

Pretty much my thinking as well.

6. George Manty on February 9th, 2008 7:32 pm

mar,

It is definitely possible to make a really good living online. It’s not something everyone can do, but you can make a good living online with enough patience, persistence, hard work and knowledge. You can’t do it by complaining, giving up too soon and ignoring the advice of the experts.

7. Social Media Marketing on February 17th, 2008 9:39 am

Hi George, I agree with this and I think the best thing to do is to get away from your usual place of work, go into the garden, go away for the weekend, spend some time alone with just your thoughts and notepad and just write and write until you come up with your perfect business.

Even if you have the perfect business it will evolve and things will change.

I find that working for myself was the best decision I ever made although I work harder now than I did before, but I love it ūüôā

Hopefully there are others here who are in the same situation as us and who work for themselves online.

8. Martin on April 14th, 2008 5:59 am

I used to make money online, but it is very hard because if you have lots of competititon like i do you only end up the little fish in the big pond.
    So whatever you fancy make sure there is little competititon then you will succeed, also go for the smaller keywords where there is more chance you getting on 1st pages.
    I have my sites on first pages of Yahoo and MSN but i can tell you that it is a waste of time, you have to be on Google so if you have a good site get it optimised and get lots of good links, ihave tried everything and link building is the most important.GOOD LUCK
    Martin

9. Kelvin Odunze on July 13th, 2008 9:15 am

Agreed

10. Mamut on January 20th, 2012 8:19 am

Nice advices. I suppose one of the important things is to enjoy what you do, i mean it would be perfect if your hobby becomes your business. If you love what you do it will give you patience and willingness to improve further and further