You Should Make Money Online Outside of the MMO (Make Money Online) Niche

Written by Trent Brownrigg  · February 4, 2008

If you are reading this then I am going to assume you are interested in making money online. Either you already make money online and are trying to find ways to increase your income, or you are struggling to get started making money online. It doesn’t matter which of those categories you fall into because this post is for both!

There is one near fatal mistake that most of us make when we try to make money online. What is that mistake? It’s trying to make money online in the make money online niche! You are almost certainly setting yourself up for failure by trying to do this.

Why?

Well, first of all, it’s one of the most competitive niches on the internet and it’s very hard to compete with the people who have already established themselves at the top. You are fighting one heck of an uphill battle trying to beat them out.

Second, those in the niche already know all the marketing tricks and strategies internet marketers use to make money online. Therefore, it is damn hard to get them to purchase your products. And getting anyone in this niche to click on an Adsense ad or any other advertisement is almost impossible.

Finally, the profit margin in the make money online niche tends to be quite low compared to many other niches. Your target market is mostly broke and looking for ways to make money themselves, so they don’t have much extra to spend. It’s hard to make money when your market doesn’t have any to give you.

So, what can you do to make money online? It’s a simple answer…

Build your online business in niches outside of the MMO niche!

There are virtually endless niches that you can tap into and make money online. A significant portion of these do not have all the barriers and downfalls that the MMO niche has.

All it takes is a little research to find a profitable niche. You are mainly looking for quite a bit of demand with not a lot of competition. You also want to make sure it’s a market that has money to spend and are willing to spend it. Then, build upon it just as you would if you were trying to tap into the make money online nice. Except this will be much easier!

There are people you will never hear of who are making tons more money online than any of the internet marketing gurus you hear about everyday. And they are doing it in these smaller niches that you and I have probably never even thought about.

So take some time to find a few smaller profitable niches and you will be making money online outside of the MMO niche in no time.

Dedicated to your success,
Trent Brownrigg
Owner of the free home business tips blog and one of the top make money online websites.

Comments

10 Responses to “You Should Make Money Online Outside of the MMO (Make Money Online) Niche”

1. George Manty on February 4th, 2008 8:21 am

Trent,

I think the Make Money Online (MMO) niche is an area that you can make a
    lot of money in if you are passionate about it. I don’t know that absolute beginners should start in this niche, but I think that if you are passionate about this niche you can make some big money.

2. Trent Brownrigg on February 4th, 2008 11:25 am

George,

You are correct, you can do well in just about any niche if you are willing to put in all the time and effort necessary to be successful in it.

However, the make money online niche is one of the hardest to build a successful business in and there are so many niches that you can make more money in without as much hard work.

Almost all of my websites are related to the MMO niche and I have built a successful online business in this niche. But I wish someone would have told to me to go with another niche when I was getting started. It would have saved me a lot of time and headaches, and I probably would have made more money in the first couple years.

Don’t get me wrong, it can be done, but it won’t be nearly as easy.

Trent

3. George Manty on February 4th, 2008 11:36 am

Trent,

I agree that there are other niches that you can make money in much more easily. However, I think the make money online niche has a big audience of people who are willing to spend money. Otherwise there wouldn’t be so much competition. I guess the key is to pick a niche within the MMO niche to be successful quicker.

4. Thomas Sinfield on February 4th, 2008 2:10 pm

I am hedging my bets with a few websites inside the MMO niche, and a few outside. Both are doing ok and would be doing better if I focused more!

5. George Manty on February 4th, 2008 2:18 pm

Thomas Sinfield,
    >Both are doing ok and would be doing better if I focused more!

Good point. Focus is very important.

6. Phil the Plumbing Expert on February 5th, 2008 7:03 pm

Make money Online niche could be the best way to make more money. As long as you have patience, focus and have the determination, I guess whether inside or outside of the MMO niche you will be able to make more money.

7. Martin on February 8th, 2008 5:38 am

a very similar post to one Court did yesterday šŸ˜‰

8. George Manty on February 8th, 2008 7:37 am

Martin,

Well there are only so many topics to write about in this niche. I have seen MANY overlapping posts. When I started my blog traffic challenge, someone came up with a post a week later about their blog traffic challenge. I guess some of us are on the same wave length, either that or …

Trent is Court šŸ˜‰

9. George Manty on February 8th, 2008 8:02 am

Actually, I just went over to Court’s blog and he kind of just mentions it briefly in his post about choosing a topic for your blog:

There are TONS of posts out there on choosing a good niche for a blog. For instance mine:

Anyway, Court’s post is quite good and I don’t think he is Trent šŸ˜‰

It is an interesting coincidence though…

10. Trent Brownrigg on February 8th, 2008 4:51 pm

I guess great minds think alike! And no Court and I are not the same person. Although I’m glad we were thinking along the same lines since he is one of the top make money online bloggers.

By the way, my post was up first so I guess I win! haha. But I just read his and it seems to be a better post all-around so maybe he wins. Heck I don’t know?! Lets call it a draw.