Happy Thanksgiving – I am Thankful for You

Written by George Manty  · November 20, 2007

I just wanted to wish everyone in the US a happy Thanksgiving. It’s great to spend time with family during the holidays and to reflect on what we are thankful for. I thought I would take a moment to thank YOU.

I am thankful for all of you for reading this blog. In honor of that, I thought I would link out to some of the most recent commentors, some of the most heavy commentors, and some of the long time commentors.

I am thankful for:

Leroy (probably the longest time visitor for my blog, besides my wife)
Ryan (recently became co-author)
Trent
EJ
glblguy
John
Gayla
Garry
...

and everyone else who has left comments or visited my blog on a regular basis in the past or present.

In other words:

I am thankful for YOU!

May all of you be blessed!

One last note… next week I will give you a new update on the launch of our secret product…

Comments

14 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving – I am Thankful for You”

1. glblguy on November 20th, 2007 9:06 pm

Wishing you a happy thanksgiving as well. That’s for including me on your list, that was very thoughtful!

2. George Manty on November 20th, 2007 10:30 pm

glblguy,

You are welcome and thanks again…

3. EJ Cooksey on November 20th, 2007 10:51 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

May your day be filled with fun, family and good food!

4. Maki on November 21st, 2007 7:07 am

Hey George,

Have a great thanksgiving too. šŸ™‚

Maki

5. Ryan Ambrose on November 21st, 2007 9:08 am

Happy Thanksgiving George. Thank you for mentioning me.

6. Andrea Yager on November 21st, 2007 1:38 pm

Thankful George?

I didnt know what blogging was until YOU found me..

so lets get the thanks straight

Andrea
    (PS – whats thanksgiving?)

7. George Manty on November 21st, 2007 1:52 pm

Andrea,

Thank you very much for the compliment. We kind of found each other in stompernet.

Thanksgiving is a holiday in the US where we celebrate a feast that the native americans and the pilgrims ate together. It’s actually very similar to the biblical harvest festival of Sukkot. Some people think that it was a Sukkot festival that was later changed into Thanksgiving. For the history of thanksgiving you can check these sites:

Thanks again,
    George

8. George Manty on November 21st, 2007 1:54 pm

EJ, Ryan, Maki,

Thanks for stopping by. I plan on enjoying the day tomorrow.

9. rob stgeorge on November 21st, 2007 11:44 pm

Have a good one George – its been a blast. Thanksgiving is not something celebrated much in NZ, but hey with all the Americans I have been talking to lately maybe it is time to chase down a Turkey!

Look forward to hearing more about the secret product.

Rob

10. Amanda on November 27th, 2007 9:02 am

Aw thank you!

11. George Manty on November 27th, 2007 9:36 am

@Rob,

Thanks.

Amanda,

You are welcome.

12. Andrea Yager on December 1st, 2007 2:17 pm

Oh my gosh you’re a riot! I was being sarcastic since I dont celebrate thanksgiving anymore, but I am American and grew up in the states and ALL my family lives there šŸ™‚

However, probably like most Americans (flashback to the famous Ms North or South Carolina You Tube) I have forgotten the meaning behind the vacations from school (did anything else matter!) so thanks for the refresher course.

Next generation in my household? No CLUE about thanksgiving…yet

13. George Manty on December 1st, 2007 7:43 pm

I thought maybe that was the case, but I also figured it would help who ever came to the same site looking for thanksgiving information on accident and it might help with the Search Engines to answer your question…

14. Alejandro on December 8th, 2007 8:41 pm

Thank you! you’re so kind