Next Internet Millionaire – Good News and Bad News

Written by George Manty  · July 20, 2007

Joel Comm has announced the 12 finalists for “The Next Internet Millionaire” and I am kind of bummed that neither Cliff or Andrea made it as one of the 12 finailists. Andrea was the top female vote getter by visitors to the site, but she still didn’t make it. Which was a bit shocking. Andrea made a funny video about her experience that you can see on her blog.

So, what’s the good news… Well, Garry Conn’s friend Thor Schrock made it into the final 12. So that was cool.

Here’s Andrea’s video for those of you who don’t want to see what she wrote about her rejection as well:

Comments

10 Responses to “Next Internet Millionaire – Good News and Bad News”

1. Jean Costa on July 20th, 2007 3:40 pm

Yes it truly was a shocker, but to be expected after the first selection of top 50 selection.

2. Andrea on July 22nd, 2007 3:39 am

Thanks George and Jean,

Whats funny is when I got that call, I was trying to do some casual chatting, to prolong the moment of hearing those sweet words of acceptance. I suspect that today or tomorrow in tomorrow someone will be feeling what I felt as they are the first to be kicked off..

In my video you see the main reason WHY I am probably better off for not winning!

Also.. depending on how this whole thing plays out.. I am going to present myself as the FIRST Runner UP.. in a few years to come,when the ‘losers’ from this competition have been forgotten, my keyword usage could have people wondering… šŸ™‚

3. Andrea on July 22nd, 2007 3:40 am

in Colorado I mean – not in tomorrow šŸ™‚

4. George Manty on July 22nd, 2007 12:56 pm

Andrea,

I would have guessed that leaving the little one at home and/or bringing the little one with you might have been a factor in their decision making. Congrats on being “First Runner Up” šŸ™‚

5. Don@AffiliateWatcher on July 23rd, 2007 2:47 pm

Well, geez Andrea, I don’t know whether or not to congratulate you on being the 1st runner up or say “Geez, I’m shocked you didn’t make the final 12.”

As a Father of a 4 year old, I know how tough it can be to get anything done with them at home. I know you probably don’t want to hear it, but you may be better off being the 1st runner up…unless someone gets poisoned or comes down with morning sickness..LOL

I’m sure you’ll do well even without the show.

Don

6. Andrea on July 24th, 2007 5:29 am

George,

I ‘outed’ my baby + nursing status on that video… otherwise I just had young children, but no specific ages..

Don,

You have NO idea how right you are! Both with the tough to get anything done – oh in addition to a few more, I have the baby and the 4 yr old šŸ™‚ , but you are also right about being the runner up.. I am not saying that out of neccesity.. perhaps sometime in the future I will have a ‘G-d was looking out for me’ post!!

Thanks to your kind words and my affiliation with people like George, I will do well!!

7. Thor Schrock on July 30th, 2007 1:31 am

Awesome video Andrea! I would say more but damn those NDA agreements!

8. George Manty on July 30th, 2007 6:44 am

Thor,

Thanks for stopping by and good luck in the contest!

9. Next Internet Millionaire Reality Show Starts August 15th on August 10th, 2007 1:51 pm

hey andrea,

you should have definitely been on the show. If you want, make reaction videos of each episode, and I’ll put it on my blog for each one with matt adams and some more of my im friends. Include your url of course.

You can vote for who you think is going to win at

Big Jason

10. George Manty on August 10th, 2007 1:58 pm

Big Jason,

I will pass the information along to Andrea.

Hope you did well.