Our Official Blogroll Exchange Policy
Written by George Manty · June 11, 2007
UPDATE: We are not currently accepting new blogroll links. Click here for details.
I have been getting a lot of requests for blogroll link exchanges lately. I have never stated an official policy for exchanging links with our blogs, but since we do trade blogroll links from time to time I thought it was a good time to provide an official policy. This policy applies to all of my blogs and my wife Jill’s blogs.
Blogroll Exchange Policy
Would you like to exchange blog roll links with one of my blogs or one of Jill’s blogs?
Here are the requirements:
1. Your blog has to be family friendly (as determined by us)
2. Your blog has to be at least three months old
3. Your blog has to be on a related topic
4. The link to my blog has to be on every page of your blog. We don’t trade blog roll links with blogs that only link to my blog from one page. This gives our blog less exposure and if I did the same thing to your blog it would give your blog less exposure.
5. Your blog has to have good content (as determined by us)
6. The link has to be a followable link (no fake links)
7. Your blog has to remain active. If it is not updated for 3 or months I reserve the right to remove it from my blogroll.
Reasons I Will Remove Your Link
If your blog violates any the above rules we will remove the link to your blog from our blogroll. The most common reason that I remove blog roll links from our blogrolls is from people removing our link from their blog roll link or changing it from being on every page to only being on one links page (or worse yet to remove their blogroll in favor of linking to the Technorati page of blogs that link to your blog—someone must advocate that practice).
Once, someone exchanged blog roll links with me, and a week later they removed my link. That was probably the most blatant case of trying to get a one way link out of a blogroll link exchange that I have run across.
If I ever remove my blog roll, I will contact the owners of every blog that I remove and let them know. I think it’s the nice thing to do.
How to contact us for a blogroll exchange
You can contact us at george @ websitepromotionbook. com with the subject line “Blogroll Link Exchange” or just leave a comment on this blog or one of our other blogs asking about it.
Those are our general guidelines for exchanging blogroll links.