Top 5 Reasons You Should Participate In Problogger Group Writing Projects

Written by George Manty  · May 9, 2007

Here are the top 5 reasons that you should participate in Problogger Group Writing Projects:

1. You Can Win Prizes!
Darren Rowse offers great prizes in his group projects. For instance, this post is an entry into his latest group writing project, which makes me eligible to win 1001 dollars in cash.

2. You Can Meet New People
I have met quite a few bloggers by participating in Darren’s group writing projects. It is nice to meet new bloggers. Who knows, some of them may become close friends one day.

3. You Will Get Some Good Link Love
When you participate in a group writing project, Darren gives you two links from his blog. Additionally, other people tend to copy the list or write a post with their favorite entries, which can give you more link love.

4. It Gives You Extra Traffic
The link love goes hand in hand with the extra traffic. When you enter Darren’s project, you are bound to get a spike in traffic. While some of this traffic won’t ever return, some of it will. One of the first times I entered a group writing project of Darren’s, my regular readership went from 50 a day to 100 a day. Rather than being a one time spike it just continued to grow from there.

5. The FUN
It’s more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Comments

13 Responses to “Top 5 Reasons You Should Participate In Problogger Group Writing Projects”

1. Court on May 9th, 2007 10:31 pm

You have me convinced, I think I’m in for the next one!

2. Karlo Licudine on May 10th, 2007 3:20 am

You are right. There are many benefits that a blogger can get when they enter in Problogger’s Group Writing Projects. And I am one of those people who are enjpoying the benefits right now.

Ever since I have joined. My site has experienced a great increase in traffic thanks to the link love from Problogger and from other people. Also, I have made some new friends and have found new blogs for me to read.

It is an awesome experience! And really fun too!

Thanks for your post.

If you have time, why don’t you drop by my post:

It’s also an entry for the problogger top 5- group writing project. Goodluck to us all!

3. Mjuboy on May 10th, 2007 8:14 am

#3 and #4 were true for me.

4. George Manty on May 10th, 2007 8:29 am

What you didn’t have more fun that a barrel of monkeys?

3 and 4 are probably the biggest reasons I participate in every one that Darren holds.

5. Amanda on May 10th, 2007 12:44 pm

You’ve been talking about the thing for John Reese I wanted to tell you about another program I found (a lot cheaper only $1.87) with that price I couldn’t pass it up and bought it myself for the ADWords portion since I’m banned from adsense šŸ™ but so far its really good I put a link up to the site on my site.

6. Joost on May 10th, 2007 2:22 pm

The only downside: it costs a lot of time to approve (or kill) comments all day, but you won’t hear me complaining about that! šŸ˜‰

A barrel of monkeys compared to this group writing project is like comparing Bush to me. I’m way more funny (please stop throwing rotten tomatoes at the screen).

7. George Manty on May 10th, 2007 2:32 pm

Joost,

Thanks for the comment.

Got to clean the tomato juice up now…

8. George Manty on May 10th, 2007 2:33 pm

Court,

It’s well worth it.

9. George Manty on May 10th, 2007 2:33 pm

Karlo,

Funny post.

10. George Manty on May 10th, 2007 2:41 pm

Amanda,

I will check it out. BTW - Your comment got caught by Akismet as spam. Sometimes that happens with legit comments. Just wanted to let you know.

All the best,
    George

11. Garry Conn on May 15th, 2007 9:24 pm

Very nice George!
    2, 4, 5… šŸ™‚

12. George Manty on May 15th, 2007 10:16 pm

Thanks Garry.

PS. Hope your server is working ok…

13. makemoneyonline on April 11th, 2009 12:03 am

I think its really nice to take a part into problogger. We’ll having a lot of fun.